Friday, September 17, 2010

Going beyond the call of duty

Last night my heart was touched by the story of an old friend, Kristin Michael. We went to church together when I was younger and through facebook I had reconnected with her family. I have such fond memories of a certain youth group ski trip in high school where I got a chance to bond with this family, even if it involved me having an accident and being taken downhill in a body bag by the ski patrol.

Kristin and her husband Jordan have been called to adopt a child from Ethiopia, but they have faced struggles trying to come up with the money. Nothing in me can express what she has in her own blog, and she has given me permission to share her link, so please just read about it for yourself, maybe it will touch you also.
http://bethechangeinethiopia.blogspot.com/(start at the bottom and read in chronological order!)

After reading Kristin's story God laid it on my heart that I can help in a huge way!!! We are his hands and feet here on earth!

I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.
Matthew 17:20

More updates soon to come on the details of my fundraiser for the Michael family!

No comments:

Post a Comment