Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My CRAZY life!

So, even though I am absolutely SWAMPED with orders, thanks to all my fans and by God's grace, I want to take a minute to update everything here! I like the idea of being able to track my progress this way, so I can always look back and remember what an amazing time this is for me.

First of all, orders have been pouring in! I am getting at least 3-4 a day, and sometimes those orders have 3+ shirts! As fast as I make them I am getting new ones! Right now I have almost 50 shirts to make! Another issue this has brought up with me has been organization and time management! I guess before it was ok for me to be a bit on the lazy side with these things, but they are absolute NECESSITIES now!!! I have started making spreadsheets and labeling shirts and everything! My blackberry has saved me more than once when I've been in a store and either misplaced my list or forgot what shirt sizes to get!

My work schedule is usually during the day only if Peyton naps (which is not the norm anymore, sadly) and then at night I try to do 2 shirts. Thankfully, she got a last minute spot in Mother's Day Out at church and will be gone on Tues & Thurs from 9:30-2:30! She will be 2 in October so it's a great time for her to start getting more socialization and stuff! I think it will be a great transition also into preschool.

And about FACEBOOK...it is a God send!!! Really, without facebook I would have no sales, other than through my friends! It's amazing to me that people like my stuff so much that they want it just for the fact that it's cute, and not just to help me out :) I think with the bows it was just my friends ordering from me to keep me in business, so this is a nice surprise!!!

My husband is having surgery soon, and with all the orders and craziness I decided it's best for me to stop taking new orders right now and try to finish up what I have. If I get everything finished I will open up again, or open up in 2 weeks, whichever comes first! I just don't want to have a wait time that is longer than a month, I don't feel like it's fair to customers or to me!

Here are some pics of some of the work I have done:




1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful, Clare! I'm so glad you sent me this blog! I've bookmarked it!

    ReplyDelete